5 Reasons why the answer is yes!
1. It will give your business more credibility. Today the world almost revolves around cell phones, computers, tablets and their connection to the world wide web. A study by BIA/Kelsey showed that 97% of people use online media when researching products in their area. Having your business show up in these results will give it more credibility and prevent customers from going elsewhere. One important note here, you could actually hurt your business by not having a professional website. Home made ones can actually turn off potential customers and lose credibility for your business.
2. Research has shown that 3 out of 4 people who find local information in search results helpful are more likely to visit stores. When a consumer is able to find useful information about your business online, store location, hours of operation, pricing they become inspired and are more likely to visit. This information also shows that one in four shoppers say they will avoid or stay away from stores when they are unable to find this information.
3. A website is cost effective. As a small business owner you might question whether or not you can afford a professional website. Well the reality is you can’t afford NOT to have a professional website! Costs of having a professional website made do vary greatly, but once up and running it generally cost around $150.00 a month or even nothing depending on the needs of the business. Compare these costs to running ads elsewhere, it’s a very cost effective method, one that delivers a great ROI.
“Websites promote you 24/7: No employee will do that.”
4. It’s a platform to showcase all of your great work. A website can basically be used as an online brochure or portfolio for your company to showcase for potential customers. Most consumers are going to want to see what your company has to offer, the quality, and what people who have used your service previously think. Having this platform allows you to easily give all of your consumers access to these things. Whether it be via customer reviews, videos, an image gallery, it will instill confidence in your consumer that you’re the go-to-guys for your service. It helps ease the unknown risk of trusting a company you haven’t used before.
5. A subtle change that has a drastic impact, having an email that shows Email@mywebsite.com. This will automatically make your business more professional and credible along with being easy to remember. Although we all love our firstname.lastname@example.org, this doesn’t really resonate with potential customers. Even just having this email address on a business card could be the game changer, think about it, who would you be more likely to contact if you had both in your hand.